This always tends to happen, and certainly this season has been no exception. We get down the the last few episodes, it’s crunch time, and I find it hard to get time to successfully write the kind of TIP that I want to. Luckily, this time around, in lieu of me giving you a research paper of sorts, instead I can give you just a shit tonne of options. Which honestly, might be better, right? I guess it depends on why you read these posts to begin with. If you’re looking for humor, or education, I am going to fail you. Just being honest.
Here’s the list
1. Daiquiri (perhaps even a banana variation).
It’s hard to tell what Archer is making this episode. There is a cocktail shaker, some bottles near him, and a basket of fruit. The bottles include two different kinds of rum, so I’m going to make the assumption that one of the possible and likely drinks he would be making, would be the humble, and simple daiquiri. Unlike it’s modern day monstrosity, the original daquiri is nothing more than a simple sour cocktail.
- 2oz white rum
- 1/2 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1/2oz lime juice
Squeeze the lime into your shaker, stir in the sugar, and then add the rum. Shake well with cracked ice, then strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Note on the rum: Some prefer dark over white; if you do use dark rum, cut back a little on the sugar.
2. Speaking of dark rum, you could just get yourself a bottle of Anejo Rum (aged) and just drink that… by itself. Because it’s delicious. Bacardi makes a pretty solid anejo as does Brugal.
3. French wine. Probably a bordeaux. While they are likely drinking a bordeaux, technically speaking, in order for the wine they're drinking to have been any good, it actually would have needed to be a Champagne or something of a similar high acid, BUT, it’s a cartoon, so you know, just roll with it. A dark French red wine is what you’re looking for.
4. Speaking of Champagne: Pink bubbly, or Rose Champagne, which was covered a few seasons ago.
A freshly squeezed juice and sandwich of your own choosing.